This Injection Molding ThermoPlastic Design Course is For Plastic Part Designers and Other Professionals
March 21 - 22, 2023
Professionals who wish to understand the complex interaction between Part Design, Materials, Tooling and Processing for Injection Molding
Class Duration: 2 Days
Course Summary: A systematic approach of defining a part into its basic design elements is presented. Guidelines for designing these basic elements and the effects of improper design are considered and addressed.
Incorporated into this course is a description of the injection molding process and the limitations that it imposes on the design of parts. The design modifications necessary to adapt to different kinds of plastic material is pointed out for each design element. The interrelationship between the part design and the tooling considerations/design are discussed.
This course utilizes numerous "real-world" plastic parts to emphasize part defects and part design flaws that arise and how to avoid and/or address them during the design phase.
- The Injection Molding Machine
- Polymeric Materials Fundamentals
- Polymeric Flow Behavior
- The Four Primary Plastic Conditions and their effects on Processing & Molded Part Properties
- Controlling Molded Part Dimensions
- Part Design Features
- Radii & Draft Angles
- Assembly Considerations
- Mold Flow Discussion
- Injection Molded Part Problems & Solutions
- Voids Sinks Flash Shorts Weldlines
- Splay Jetting Burn Marks Warpage