Fundamentals of Scientific Injection Molding
Class Duration: 3 Days - 1 1/2 Day Machine Time and 1 1/2 Days Lecture/Classroom.
Course Summary: Fundamentals of Scientific Injection Molding is an ideal class for someone who wishes to learn and understand the basics of injection molding while correlating classroom theory with hands-on machine time. The class involves:
- The Injection Molding Machine
- Polymeric Materials Fundamentals
- The Four Primary Plastic Conditions and their effects on Processing & Molded Part Properties
- Mold Fundamentals
- Machine Operating Controls
- Processing & Troubleshooting
- Injection Molded Part Problems & Solutions
Voids Sinks Flash Shorts
Weld lines Splay Jetting Burn Marks Warpage
While at the machine, you will be shown basic standard set-up parameters & techniques and how to properly operate the injection molding machine.