Fundamentals of Scientific Injection Molding: Hands-on, Setup, Processing & Troubleshooting
This Course is for: Persons desiring to have a fundamental understanding of the overall injection molding process via Scientific Molding from the Plastics Point of View.
This is also the ideal course for someone interested in the proper setup of a molding machine. Machine sequences along with “rules of thumb” as well as “do’s & don’ts” of processing will be addressed.
Class Duration: 3 Days – 60% Classroom / 40% Hands-on at Machine
Course Summary: Fundamentals of Scientific Injection Molding is an ideal class for someone that wishes to learn and understand the basics of injection molding while correlating classroom theory with hands-on machine time. The class involves:
- The Injection Molding Machine - Basics
- Polymeric Materials Fundamentals - Basics
- The Four Primary Plastic Conditions and their effects on Processing & Molded Part Properties
- Hands-on Implementation of Screw Position Switchover Techniques via Scientific Molding
- Machine Operating Controls
- Calculations to Convert Machine Parameters to Plastic Parameters – At the Machine
- Establishing Universal Processing Parameters: How to run same process worldwide.
- Estimating Clamp Tonnage
- Processing & Troubleshooting
- Injection Molded Part Problems & Solutions
Voids Sinks Flash Shorts
Weldlines Splay Jetting Burn Marks Warpage
While at the machine, you will be shown basic standard set-up parameters & techniques and how to properly operate the injection molding machine.